Change your life. Healthy diet. Dietitian and Nutritionist Ms. Rocio Praxedes: www.diethas.es
We eat not only to satiate our appetite but also to enjoy food. The nutrients in the food that we eat contribute to our body components, which needs them to correctly function. The nutrients in food are as follows:
- Carbohydrates: majority in pasta, cereals, bread, potatoes, etc.
- Protein: abundant in meats, fish, eggs and dairy products.
- Fats: in foods of animal origin, such as pork fat and plant foods such as olive oil. These three nutrients, among other functions, are also a source of energy – calories – for our body. Therefore, if we abuse them we can gain weight, even up to morbid obesity.
- Vitamins and minerals predominate in grains, fruits and vegetables.
Therefore, a DIET is needed to eat food in a healthy and sustainable way over time. Diet should be:
- Sufficient: nutrients consumed should be enough to meet our needs to avoid fatigue and hunger.
- Varied: incorporating different foods in the diet; meat, fish, eggs, dairy products, cereals, legumes, fruits and vegetables.
- Balanced: based on the distribution and quantity of foods consumed. The graphical representation of the balance is the food pyramid.
- Satisfactory: the diet to accomplish, must be pleasant and adapted, as far as possible, to consumer tastes.