To lose weight
Overweight is defined as overweight total body fat mass. That is, the person who has excess fat deposits. So overweight by fluid retention or high muscle mass will not be a patient with overweight.
To reduce total body fat requires a comprehensive approach that ensures long-term loss and gradually, taking into account all the factors involved: degree of overweight, type of diet, physical activity level, motivation to comply with treatment, etc.
Let’s start solving some questions that you can ask now start your diet plan and later adapted to the dietary program.
AT THE SUPERMARKET
- Before leaving home make the list conscience, knowing what margins must gird.
- Do not leave home with hunger. Snack lunch or something and drink at least 2 glasses of water.
- Avoid halls and caloric foods low in nutritional quality (chocolate, cookies, snacks, pastries, etc.).
- Do not be swayed by tempting offers of products rich in calories because in the end the price reduction just paying health.
WHEN TO EAT?
- Divide your meals into 5 doses.
- Breakfast, brunch, lunch, tea and dinner.
- Throughout the day must reduce calorie intake. Therefore, breakfast and food have to be the most important meal of the day and dinner must be light and early.
HOW TO EAT?
- Always eat at a particular location. And not sitting in makeshift places.
- While eating not perform another activity.
- Eat small amounts at each feeding and slowly:
- Please covered a small amount of food to eat.
- Chew each bite at least 10 times. Savor every bite.
- Leave the knife and fork after each bite.
- Remember: better to eat little and slowly, and much faster.
- Please only the quantity to eat and do NOT repeat.
- After eating you remain seated at least one quarter to better assimilate the food ingested.
WHAT TO EAT AT MEALTIMES? FIRINGS INDICATED.
- Take two glasses of water before eating. During the meal drink.
- In principle all firings are allowed:
- Grilled, baked, grilled, en papillote, steamed, microwaved, etc…
- Less fried and breaded long as the amount of fat in the cooking control. Degrease stews, previously cooling them to their consumption.
- Do not consume more than four tablespoons of oil (better if virgin olive oil) per day.
- Eat more fish than meat, at least 4-5 times a week.
- Remove the fat and skin of food of animal origin.
- Take 3 servings of fruit a day. Avoid high sugar content: bananas, grapes, figs, custard apples, persimmons, mangoes, persimmons, cherries and fruits/nuts.
- Take 2 servings of vegetables a day. (It is not considered vegetables potato). Avoid: avocado, olives.
- Pursue always the more traditional culinary preparations instead of prepared dishes, canned/frozen or ready-to-eat.
- Always choose low calorie option:
- Light or no-calorie drinks.
- Skim milk, nonfat yogurt, fresh cheese or Light.
- Spanish ham (without visible fat) or York instead of other meats.
- Vegetables or boiled / grilled / baked potatoes instead of fries.
- Even being Light, avoid: mayonnaise, butter, rosquilletas or donuts, unsweetened chocolate, etc.
- LOW CALORIE Remember that does not mean it is free of these, and FAT is not sugar. Moderation.
What to do between meals?
- Between 5 scheduled meals should not eat anything.
- When you feel the need to eat something:
- First drink a glass of water. Often hunger with thirst is confused.
- Prevent situations that can lead to consume more food and prepare very low calorie resources:
- Water with lemon juice.
- Be prepared in the fridge; carrot sticks, endive leaves washed, sliced cucumber, pickles, vegetable kebabs, fruit or watered down.
Things to remember …
- Do not eat bakery products; buns, cookies, muffins, buns, dumplings, cracks, etc.
- Do not consume excess fat. Especially avoid; margarines, butters, animal fat, bacon, sausages, cured or semi-cured cheeses, salty snacks like potato, etc.
- Do not drink alcohol or sugary drinks.
Remember deliver the requested questionnaires. And the reminder note in all food has been consumed and physical activity.
To follow a diet
The brain takes around twenty minutes to receive information from stomach the food has come to this. It investing that twenty minutes to finish a meal, you get to have the feeling of fullness after a reasonable amount of feed. Try to make a five-minute break in the middle of the food. Increase your attention to the taste, smell and appearance of food. Try to be the last to finish. Cut food into small bites and release the fork after each bite or two bites.
Try to eat every three to four hours to avoid hunger and thereby excessive intake.
Eat smaller amounts
Start at the store. Buy less, prepare less, put less on your plate. Remove the source table once it has served the dishes, to avoid repeating. When you remove the table not chew whatever is left in the other dishes. Do not put foods that are more tempting: chocolate, cookies or chips, in a very visible place or very close at hand.
Pay attention to eating
While eating not read, watch TV, listen to music or do anything else that can distract. When eating concentrate on what you eat to realize how much you are eating.
For a healthy and tasty cuisine
Try and innovates with preparations to:• Steam, cereals such as rice and vegetables. It will maximize the nutrients from food.
- Papillote, meat and fish, preserving all nutritional value of food.
- icrowave and grilled, in all kinds of food. Ideal for healthy and fast preparations.
- Stews, in fish, meat, eggs or legumes. Avoid adding fatty foods like bacon, bacon or sausage.
- Oven, in all kinds of food. To prevent food from sticking to the base, spread on paper towels soaked in olive oil container base and add vegetables rich in water at the bottom, like onions. Do not forget that the oven can also be done without pre-frying breaded.
- Boiled in vegetable. Make the most of the nutritional value of vegetables, wash them thoroughly but do not peel.
Enhance your dishes with raw or cooked vegetables. Such as spaghetti with artichoke hearts, carrots and grilled zucchini
Pan containers used nonstick pot, pan, etc. to prevent the abuse of fat.
When cooking oil it is the ideal olive oil note:
- The oil is a fat, so do not neglect the amount to take. Three to six tablespoons a day is enough.
- Took advantage of more oil properties if you add once the cooking. Heat degrades its antioxidant properties.
- Employs for salads virgin olive oil spray, you will save oil and spraying will be more uniform.
Save on salt and add flavor to your recipes incorporating spices (basil, thyme, dill, Provencal herbs, etc.)
Offers light and healthy sauces replacing:
- Mayonnaise by a low-fat plain yogurt.
- The mature cheese fresh cheese or low-fat.
- The butter a tablespoon of olive oil.